Heftiges Uno Turbo Video

• Iceman has a 2876, too Big compressor wheel. Its a V8 biturbo charger - low end torque.
    I think the 28 will also become GTX soon ;)
    GTX30xx is crank. GT2871 with big Trim seems to be enough for a low 10 or maybe a 9.

• Iceman has a 2876, too Big compressor wheel. Its a V8 biturbo charger - low end torque.
    I think the 28 will also become GTX soon ;)
    GTX30xx is crank. GT2871 with big Trim seems to be enough for a low 10 or maybe a 9.

Iceman has wrong A/R at Tubine House!. Compressor wheel is fine.
    If we have to wait like at the GTX30xx, than it will takes a few years.
    I dont know from which 2871 think you it could be enough for low 10sec, but even 475Hp is not enough for it.
    Not in any Uno, specially not for an 1.4 or 1.6.
    You shoud have to try.

I have little experiance with 3071 on 1.4 engine. Belive me, its good.

• 500Hp you can run with the Turbo. 2876 Can't more.
    Flowmap of 2876 Shows that this Turbo is Big Shit :D Nobody with lese than 4l was ever happy with this Turbo.

Yes maximum 500HP thats said only the flowmap. For 2871 even less!!!
    It depends from a lot of thing, but you will need a bigger turbo than 2871 if you want to get high rpm. (that said my experiences)
    At Argentina a lot of people runs with 2876R on their 1.6 8v.

• Use a bigger wastegate and you won't have any trouble with high revs.
    But you also have to exchange the intake manifold. The standard manifolds create a fast falling torque curve at 5500rpm.

Look here, 2876r is rated 5hp more than 2871r.
    But the flow maps are trusted curves, most turbos can make 5-10% more power - but often the engine isn't good enough to reach this real limit of the turbo.
    In germany some guys run a GT3582R with 700hp @3bar boost.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/…GT28/GT2871R_780371_2.htm
    http://www.turbobygarrett.com/…GT28/GT2876R_705330_1.htm

• I think for bigger revs you have at first to look for the right cam! I would then decide which turbo i´m going to use. If you find the right choice, i mean turbo and cam together you can run the engine with less boost for the same HP Output!

• I suggest it to try to reach what your turbo flowmap saiys, real, with your car.
    I could tell you not so easy.

• I think for bigger revs you have at first to look for the right cam! I would then decide which turbo i´m going to use. If you find the right choice, i mean turbo and cam together you can run the engine with less boost for the same HP Output!

And which is the right cam? Which is the right turbo?
    What is the optimal revs? (for an 1.4 , 1.6 over 400+HP)

• Not easy with our engine because of bad manifolds (intake/exhaust) design and camshafts setup.
    You have to test the cams with different parts.

I have modified! intake and custom exhaust manifold, we tried a lot of settings with the biggest camshaft, and it took 3 years from high 11s to reach the high 10sec.

• Zitat

What is the optimal revs? (for an 1.4 , 1.6 over 400+HP)

This HP Goal has no optimal revs. You have to run this which are required!
    I talked to Peter Newman from Newman Cams some weeks ago. He recommended his 264° N/A Cam for Power till 9000rpm on Turbo engine. I think its not the best way to try everytime the biggest cam. Me and Acki talked a lot about the 272° N/A Cam from the X1/9 1.5L engine. You have tried this one?

At the moment i use for a good friends 1.9L engine this custom cam with the following facts:
    272°
    timing 35/67,
    106 degree lobe centre,
    10.3mm valve lift

What do you think about it Cry? Turbo is 28RS. HP Goal arround 300+

• 264°... adjustment of the inlet timing is limited because of exhaust timing...

Cry, what did you mod on the intake manifold? Pipes are too small and too long.
    Exhaust, external wastegate. Lowers the back pressure.

• Hehe. Yes but Klasen Motors had some 2l Opel Engines on the dyno - compared with gt2871 and gt3071/76 the turbo loss too much power at high revs. With higher boost the exhaust pressure raises too strong.
    You can install every turbo you want, of course ;)

• Thats called marketing! :D (honsety what else could he said from his product?)

I tried a lot of camshaft in my car.
    One of my friends is engine developer, and he run a testprogram (at work) with Pipercams cam details, and he recomend the biggest Rally camshaft, becuase his result shows that camshaft brings the most power over 8000rpm. (30+HP)
    I tried the fast rooad also, but rally was the best for me (drag race). My results proved my choice.

Uno with 1.9L ?
    300+ HP is easy way even with stock cams too, i guess.

• Hehe. Yes but Klasen Motors had some 2l Opel Engines on the dyno - compared with gt2871 and gt3071/76 the turbo loss too much power at high revs. With higher boost the exhaust pressure raises too strong.
    You can install every turbo you want, of course ;)

I dont think good idea to compare these turbos on 2L engine. Hp is not the only parameter what is count.
    I think much important see the HP with revs togather. Maybe both turbo could reach similar HP, but not all at wich revs!!!!
    Its my experience.

• But at this Engines you can compare same setups with different charger.
    Rally Cam - I would think the same. Will start with 272 NA cam and look what happens, then I will simulate other cams the power isn't enough ;)
    Maybe 2876 works much netter with external Wastegate but I think biggest 2871 will spool faster and hold the power longer compared with same power 2876 because Compressor Wheel is too Big.